Tuesday, February 18, 2014

BOOK REVIEW: The Anatomist's Apprentice, by Tessa Harris (audiobook)

The Anatomist's Apprentice:
The Dr. Thomas Silkstone Mysteries, Book 1
Author: Tessa Harris
Audiobook Narrator: Simon Vance
Publisher: Kensington
Audiobook Publisher: Blackstone Audio
Publication Date: December 27, 2011


Is there any book that can't be made better by the narration of Simon Vance? No. No, there is not. Simon Vance is the absolute best. A lot of the other reviews I read for this book on Goodreads complained that the writing was poor or that the story was convoluted and overly complicated but I honestly didn't mind any of it. I could listen to Simon Vance tell me a story any time. I'm thinking of doing a project next year in which I read classics of literature and I think I may start with a list of any book that has an audiobook narrated by Simon Vance. I bet War and Peace wouldn't even seem that long, to hear him tell it.

To be perfectly fair, I did perhaps find the middle to the end of the book a bit convoluted and overly complicated, and I'm not sure I would have loved it as much as I did if I were simply reading it. 



RELATED POSTS:

A Study in Revenge
Mrs. Robinson's Disgrace
The Book of Jonas
A Hundred Flowers
A Particular Eye for Villainy
The Yard
The Pleasures of Men


The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher

No comments:

Post a Comment