Thursday, February 20, 2014

BOOK REVIEW: The Case of the Missing Servant, by Tarquin Hall

The Case of the Missing Servant:
From the Files of Vish Puri, Most Private Investigator 
Series: Vish Puri, India's Most Private Investigator
Author: Tarquin Hall
Publisher: McClelland & Stewart
Publication Date: June 16, 2009
Source: local library
View on Amazon

I can't believe I forgot to review this sooner, since it's probably my favourite book in the Vish Puri series. I read them out of order, so even though this is the first one in the series, I read it third. They're easily read in any order, though. The first one I read was The Case of the Deadly Butter Chicken and I fell in love with everything about it. But even I was surprised with how much I enjoyed The Case of the Missing Servant. It's both a well written book and a jolly good mystery. Plus, it was good to finally get more insight into some of the characters' back stories, particularly the origins of their nicknames (Facecream, Handbrake, etc.). If you've never read a Vish Puri novel, this one is a great start.

No comments:

Post a Comment