Friday, February 14, 2014

This isn't really about murder...already I'm doing it wrong

Tonight for Valentine's Day the hubby and I watched Vibes. You know, the movie from the 80's where Jeff Goldblum and Cyndi Lauper are psychics? I know, we're so romantic it's disgusting. Try not to be too grossed out by our elaborate courtship ritual. We also ate potato chips and talked about how nice it would be if the neighbours would be quiet and the weather would clear up. Jealous yet? Yeah, you should be. We're awesome.

Anyway, I know Vibes isn't actually a murder mystery. I mean, there's a mystery--sort of--and there are murders, but nobody tries to solve them (the murders, not the mystery). But Peter Falk is in it, so that makes it feel more murder-y than it actually is.

Apart from Peter Falk's distracting glass eye and Cyndi Lauper's always fantastic wardrobe, the best thing about Vibes is the music video for the song that only appears in the end credits (and in fact the only song that appears in the movie at all, apart from some pan flute music).




"I've got a hole in my heart that goes all the way to China--"

See? It IS Valentine-y!

No comments:

Post a Comment